Build Dakota Scholarship
ABOUT BUILD DAKOTA
The Build Dakota Scholarship program gives students entering Southeast Tech an opportunity to plan a foundation for their future. As a Build Dakota Scholar, you will graduate with no student debt and possess a set of skills in high demand, so you will be ready to hit the ground running and start your career right away.
• Both in-state students and out-of-state students are eligible for the scholarships.
• Scholars of all ages are welcome to apply.
• The scholarships will support tuition, fees, books and other required program expenses.
• Recipients of the scholarships will commit to living and working in the state, in their field of study, for three years following graduation.
- U.S. citizen or U.S. national (You may be eligible if you have a green card and are eligible for federal financial aid.)
- Applicants need not be South Dakota residents.
- Must complete the FAFSA (Federal Application for Federal Student Aid).
- You must demonstrate aptitude through one or more of the following:
- The National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC) or other industry-recognized certifications in the career area.
- Technical, dual or concurrent credit courses taken in the career interest area.
- Career & Technical Education coursework completed in the career interest area.
- Work-based learning experiences, internships or work experience in the career interest area.
- Enrolling as a first-time student in a high need program. Previous college or technical institute attendance is acceptable.
In accepting scholarship awards, recipients will agree to the following:
• You must enroll full-time in a Southeast Tech program that is eligible for a Build Dakota Scholarship.
• Following graduation, you must work full-time in your field of study in South Dakota for a minimum of three years.